The transition into Big School can be daunting but for our children at Greenleaf ELC we prepare them so the transition is a happy and exciting one. We believe in creating an environment where children not only have fun but also find a structure to their routine and practice different skills that are required for smooth transition to the “big school”. Our School readiness program is designed to:
- Improve attention and concentration skills so that children learn to sit and play in different group situations.
- help them make friends, share and negotiate with others
- Improve the literacy and early math skills through different forms of play
- Support children in enhancing their gross and fine motor skills for instance correct pencil grip, balancing,skipping etc
- Enhance critical thinking, scientific and problem solving abilities.
- improve children’s confidence to ask questions,make their needs known and become independent in doing the routine tasks.
- Enhancing children’s creative skills through dramatic play, drawing and painting, music and movement etc.
- Familiarise children with the school environment by taking them on excursions to local schools